Monday, February 8, 2010

The Day I Chopped Off My Hair . . . Yikes!

Everyone who knows me, has known me my whole life with long, long, curly hair. Since my dad had it chopped off when I was three years old and ended up looking like a cute little chubby boy, my hair has been long. The older I got, the more I felt like it was a form of security for me. I would let it down and it would flow over half of my back and in a sense, I would feel safe.

Well, today, I went and had it cut. It went from half way down my back to just barely reaching my shoulders. I had it layered and I hope it starts to look fuller and healthier.

In the meantime, I need to get used to the shock to the system with how short it actually is. Once I overcome the shock, next up, is attempting weight loss this year.

Since the hair that was cut off was long enough (10 inches), I will be donating the ponytail to Locks of Love.  Yay! I'm excited!! =)

Here are some pics of before and after...


OK, so after looking at some pictures, I think it's starting to grow on me. Maybe... Maybe?  OK, I'll sleep on it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment