Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Family" Comes in Different People...

OK, so I'm sick. My poor little self, couldn't resist the winter weather and managed to get sickly.  My head feels like a balloon, my nose is runny, I sneeze a little too often and people at work remind me that I look like heck :) Like I've mentioned before, through my time spent working at both of my jobs in the last few years, I have come to know some amazing people.  One special person where I work now (but not the only special person) is Mirna. She is like my substitute mommy.  Quite often, I'll pop my head over the cubicle that separates us and I'll be greeted with a sweet, wide smile.  This woman wears her heart on her sleeve and although she has been through many trials and tribulations in her life, she still keeps that smile on her face. Today, me being sick and all, I pop my head over the cubby and she looks up at me, smiles, and searches through her desk for something. She comes across a piece of paper and hands it to me accompanied by a grin on her face.  Simple sticky is all it took to put a smile on my face...



I do count my lucky stars to have met such a wonderful lady =) I hope she continues to strive and succeed just as she has been. Thank you!! =)



Since I'm sick, I realized today that I can't taste anything... Not even chocolate! I need my daily dose of chocolate (since it has antioxidants, right? :), so I had a Dove chocolate anyway.  Then, another great woman here at work came by my desk to vent about some issues going on... and I'm sorry that I can't help you fix them, but maybe some chocolate would help?  So, my Dove piece suggested that I share a chocolate with a friend... So, friend, I hope it helped (even if just for a minute).



Keep your head up Monet... Better things will come...

Family is defined by genes, love, relationships and many other aspects.  But the "family" members I've acquired over the years of working have held a special place in my heart.  We have shared a lot through the times and I am grateful for each and every one of my added "family" members.   

No comments:

Post a Comment