Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yummy cakes... just don't eat them =)

I've dabbled into some crafts over the years and along the way, I stumbled across diaper cakes. The prices for them online are ridonkulous (yes, I did :) so I decided to make some of my own...

My first creation was a little over 250 diapers and took a good week to make (since I had no idea what I was doing and failed to think of the fact that YouTube would have a tutorial video by other obsessed fans such as myself). It was a 6 tier cake for a baby Javon back in 2007...













And then came what seemed a little messy, but it held a nice amount of things for mommy and the baby in the top tier and throughout the cake with a hand made card as well. This one was for baby Eli'Jah in 2008.














Then in spring 2009, was this one for baby Robert.











Summer 2009, this one went to a friend who's co-worker had a baby girl.

















September 2009 was a busy month trying to make two of these babies for co-worker's twins :)











October 2009, kept this one in the family for baby Nikolka :) with some real flowers on top.










So, 2009 was the most productive in diaper cakes so far :) Next up is a single (possibly two) layer cake that's going to be shipped. This will be the first one that's going to be put to the test of being placed in a box and shipped anywhere... I've usually personally delivered the cakes in the past. This one will be for baby Laura in Slovakia :) Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. Becky you need to sell these!!! Seriously!!! They are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need someone to help me market them :) Interested?

    ReplyDelete