Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Our Family's Pride and Joy...

OK, so a little recap... I came to NJ with my parents in January 1994... looong time.  Exactly one month and one day later, joined us the most beautiful, chubby little guy with the deepest little blue eyes.  My nephew, Eddie, was born February 4th, 1994 and was my best friend for a long time.  Here is a picture of him when he was 6 weeks old. Can we say chunky? =) Those cheeks were so nice and chubby, how can anyone resist from kissing him all day long? 


I was 12 at the time, so other than school, I had nothing else going on in my life, other than him.  I would come home, not do homework, since I didn't understand any of it (no English) and just spend time with  him.  I can't believe we are here, 16 years later and he has grown up so much.  I still remember when he was just starting to walk and he would follow me everywhere and even if we did absolutely nothing, he was the happiest just sitting next to me.  We used to sit around watch Barney, and (sadly) both of us knew all of the words to the songs (part of how I learned English) and we would move all of the furniture around in the living room, and he would run back and forth and dance around and bang on things and sing and just be the happiest little guy :) Sometimes, when I would come home from school, he would be standing at the door jumping up and down and yelling and he was so happy to see me.  And just so that I wouldn't ignore him, he would run to my desk where I did homework and sit in my chair so that I wouldn't be able to sit in it.  I can't help but miss the times when he was little. I loved taking naps with him, taking him outside to play, seeing his smile every day, watching him learn new things day after day, seeing him walk for the first time, having him go from saying Mami Mami to Mima Mima :) Then when he was old enough to understand the concept of my sister and I being sisters, he came up to my mom and told her that I'm his sister :) 
He's now going to be 16 years old and he has (so far) grown to be 6 foot 1 and his feet are officially bigger than his father's.  When he was younger, we signed him up for hockey and now he plays for a local town team as well as for his high school.  I told him that if he ends the season with having the most goals as a record, I will get him a new hockey stick for the following season.  I must have stuck my foot in my mouth, because he is already over half of the previously set record at 14 goals (previous record is at 27 goals in one season).  And apparently, he is also currently at the top of penalty minutes at 40 minutes. Lol! So, here is our "baby" now. 
While I do miss the days when he was young (and I wish my sister would have given him a little brother or a sister through the years), I am so proud of him.  He is a polite, sweet, kind hearted young man.  And I'm sure I don't say it often enough, but I am so proud of him. I wish him ALL the luck and happiness in life and in everything he does.  .... My baby :)





No comments:

Post a Comment